curried potato soupFrom hiddenpoet 7 years ago
- 4 idaho potatoes peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 onion diced shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- i tablespoon ginger minced shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder shopping list
- 4 teaspoons Madras curry powder shopping list
- salt, and sambal olek to tatse shopping list
How to make it
- heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large pot and add the onion.
- cook the onion for 5 minutes then add the garlic and ginger cooking for one more minute.
- add the water and potatoes. bring to a boil.
- simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. blend in batches or use an immersion blender like i did.
- now add the spices, salt and sambal olek. if you care for your soup to have a silken texture pass i through a fine sieve.
- serve and enjoy!