Quinoa TabouliFrom imamunke 7 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed throughly) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2-3 tomatoes diced shopping list
- 1 cucumber (I used 3 lemon cucumbers last time) shopping list
- 2-3 carrots grated finely shopping list
- 2 bunches of green onion (I omit this part and use garlic) shopping list
- 1-3 cloves garlic minced (depending on how much you love garlic) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint shopping list
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a saucepan, throw your rinsed quinoa in and lightly toast it, moving it around constantly over medium heat. Once it is toasted, add the water, bring to a boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low simmering the quinoa covered for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine: olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic, basil, and mint. Add in the tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and green onion (if you are using it). Mix in the cooled quinoa combining well, refrigerate at least one hour before serving, I usually leave it over night.
- Hope you like it!