EASY CHERRY DESSERTFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For one 13” x 9”-inch cake, 16 generous servings. shopping list
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks ) margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 can ( 21oz ) cherry pie filling shopping list
- powdered sugar to dust over top, (Optional) shopping list
- Variation: For Blueberry dessert, substitute blueberry pie filling for the cherry filling. shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARATION: Preheat oven to 350º.
- 1)In a large mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. Add the eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 2)Add the almond extract. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- 3)Spray non-stick cooking spray in the 13” x 9”-inch pan. Turn mixture into the pan.
- 4)Spoon the pie filling into the cake, in 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- 5)Bake at 350º for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake tests done. Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- 6)To serve, cut into 16 pieces.
- 7)Place bottom side up on serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar. Spoon slightly sweetened whipped cream over each serving if desired. This is great served warm.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Cherry sounds delicious but the choices of blueberry, apple, peach, pineapple pie filling - yum!
Have a great day!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
luv cherrys great post thanks ED high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!