Chocolate Port Wine CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 10 oz. unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup port wine shopping list
- 5 eggs separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 3 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 Tbs corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup port wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate, butter and wine over low heat.
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Blend in flour and nuts.
- Whip whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks.
- Add the 3 Tbs sugar and whip to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold into mixture.
- Place into a greasedtube pan and bake 325 degrees about 45 minutes or tested done with atoothpick.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Cool and add glaze.
- For glaze, heat all ingredients until melted and cool.
- Stir till mixture is spreadable
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Yum, this sounds amazing and rich. Greatness on a plate her my friend. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Never tried wine cakes before! This sounds unique and I bet the chocolate goes very well with the wine flavor! High 5 from me!juels in Clayton loved it