Old South Pulled PorkFrom mmomdabumm 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 onions finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 cups tomato bassed chili sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 3 lb boneless pork shoulder ( trimmed of excess fat) shopping list
- Kaiser or onion buns, halved and warmed shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, chili powder and pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add chili sauce, breown sugar, vinegar, worchestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Stir to combine then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Place pork in slow cooker and pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is falling apart.
- Trasnfer pork to a cutting board and pull the meat apart using 2 forks. Return pork to sauce and keep warm.
- When ready to serve, spoon shredded pork and sauce over warm buns.
The Cookmmomdabumm Grimsby, CA
The Rating4 people
Another easy great dish! Great post and high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This is soo good! The 1st thing we did when my mother and I went to North Carolina was stop at a barbeque cafe for pulled pork bar-b-q sandwiches!! Thank you for a great recipe!55555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!