Gulab JamunFrom berry 7 years ago
- 1 cup nonfat milk powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup All Purpose flour (plain flour, maida) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup room temperature whole milk shopping list
- Pinch of baking soda shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 coarsely grounded cardamom seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds and pistachio shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Syrup See Photo
- In a large pan, add water, sugar, and ground cardamom seeds and bring it to a boil.
- Let the syrup boil for a minute then remove it from the heat.
- Stir the syrup until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set the syrup aside.
- Gulab Jamun
- In a bowl, mix milk powder, flour and baking soda. See Photo
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Now add milk to make soft dough. The dough will be sticky.
- Let the dough sit for a few minutes. Milk powder will absorb the extra milk. If the dough is dry, add more milk, as the dough should be soft. See Photo
- Knead the dough. Grease your hands with butter before working with the dough. See Photo
- Divide the dough into about 20 equal portions and roll them into round balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. The frying pan should have at least 1 ½ inch of oil. To test if the oil is the right temperature, place a small piece of dough into the oil; it should take a minute to rise. If dough rises faster, oil is too hot; if dough just sits without rising, oil is not hot enough. See Photo
- Place the gulab Jamuns in the frying pan. Note: remember gulab jamuns will expand in double the volume, so give them enough space.
- It should take about 7 minutes to fry the gulab jamuns. While frying keep rolling the gulab jamuns around so they are evenly browned. Fry until the gulab jamuns become dark brown.
- Let the gulab jamuns cool off for a few minutes before placing in the hot syrup.
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating5 people
This sounds terrific, Berry. 5 forks from me.victoriaregina in USA loved it
I love majuelas Kitchen and followed her on You tube! great Post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Welcome back,Annie...and what a lovely post to come back with.This look absolutely delicious.ambus in Lahore loved it