Kiowa Fry BreadFrom 22566 4 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients.
- Stir until smooth.
- Knead about 8 times.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Form in to 8 balls,flatten to about 10".
- Make hole in center of each round.
- Lightly flour,stack and cover.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook one at a time for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain,and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- The Indian legend is that the hole is put in the center of the bread to allow the evil spirits out.
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating5 people
That's wonderful. You know, the same is for the dreamcatcher. Except the hole is the center is to let the good dreams through and the 'spider web' is to catch the bad dreams. I will make these some time this week,5 forksvictoriaregina in USA loved it
enjoyed the recipe post!!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!