Kiowa Fry BreadFrom 22566 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients.
- Stir until smooth.
- Knead about 8 times.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Form in to 8 balls,flatten to about 10".
- Make hole in center of each round.
- Lightly flour,stack and cover.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook one at a time for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain,and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- The Indian legend is that the hole is put in the center of the bread to allow the evil spirits out.