Apple Walnut Cake with Lemon SauceFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- • 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- • 1 egg, beaten well shopping list
- • 4 large tart apples, peeled and cut into eighths shopping list
- • 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- ................................................................................................. shopping list
- lemon Sauce shopping list
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add boiling water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and clear. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and butter. Serve warm. shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder, and the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut in shortening and butter.
- Whisk milk into the beaten egg then stir in flour mixture.
- Spread the soft dough in a greased 7x11x2-inch or 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Arrange apples, pointed side down, in even rows on dough.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and nuts; sprinkle over the apples. Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve this apple cake hot with lemon sauce or ice cream.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Our apple tree is on it's produce year. We will have way too many apples.(Next year we won't have any.) This recipe will be great. I will have to share it with friends so I don't eat the whole thing.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
Oh this sounds right up my ally, another great dessert post. Thanks peeta, you have another 5 forks. BTW thanks so much for calling and checking on me yesterday, posted the latest on my doctors visit in checkin.henrie in Savannah loved it
pefect~!hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!