Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl CakeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- • 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- • 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (6 ounces) shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 cup milk (8 ounces) shopping list
- • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat peanut butter and butter together. Beat in brown sugar until light; add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat in about 1/3 of the flour mixture and half of the milk. Repeat additions, ending with remaining flour. Beat just until blended.
- Measure about 1 cup of the batter into a small bowl. Spread half of the remaining light batter into prepared pan. Into the reserved batter, stir in melted chocolate until well blended. Drop chocolate batter onto the light batter; spread over the light batter. Spoon remaining light batter over the chocolate layer; spread carefully. Using a small spatula or butter knife, swirl the batter to create a marble effect. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in a pan on rack for 15 minutes. If desired, turn out of pan onto a serving plate and cool completely, or leave in pan and cool completely. Frost the cooled cake with Fudge Glaze
- Easy Fudge Glaze
- • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- • 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- • 1 tablespoon butter
- • 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- Combine chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in cream. Use to glaze a Bundt cake or loaf cake.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
My husband is a peanut butter lover and I know this cake will make him very happy! 5 forks from me and my hubby!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sounds so good, 5 forks, thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
Love chocolate and peanut butter!!!...Thankswynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!