Baked Stuffed PeppersFrom victoriaregina 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup Long-grain brown rice shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 4 Large sweet peppers, * shopping list
- 3 tb butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (sweet is best) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Finely diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup Minced parsley shopping list
- 2 ea eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 ts dried oregano leaves,crumble shopping list
- 1/4 cup/ 4 oz. chopped green chiles (or more) shopping list
- 1 pinch black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup Shred. sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- * Red or green peppers. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice in 1-1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until
- tender. Drain if necessary. Set aside.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove seeds and white membrane. Parboil peppers
- in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Arrange in slightly oiled, shallow
- 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in small skillet. Add onion, celery, and sunflower seeds.
- Saute until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir into rice. Add parsley, eggs,oregano, chiles,
- black pepper, and salt to taste. Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle
- cheese on top. Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Good served with: Stewed tomatoes and corn bread (bake corn bread along
- with peppers).
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating10 people
I really like the use of Brown rice and it will be a nice change from greasy ones stuffed with Hamburger
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
never tryed a green pepper I didnt like these are delicous great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds great! Love stuffed peppers!
Thanks, Dooley 5!dooley in Crossroads loved it