Coffee Flavored Beef RoastFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes,cut in wedges shopping list
- 6 medium carrots,cut into 1" lengths shopping list
- 2 beef sirloin tip roasts (2 to 3 lbs ea) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper,divided shopping list
- 2 tsp canola oil1 medium onion,halved and sliced shopping list
- 2 c whole fresh mushrooms,quarterd shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves ,minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 c brewed coffee shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 3 Tb cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 c cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 6 qt slow cooker. Sprinle beef with half of the salt and peeper. In a large skillet,brown beef in oil on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- In same skillet,saute onions in drippings for 2 mins. Add mushrooms and garlic;cook 2 mins longer. Stir in the coffee,chili powder and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or till meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter;keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices;transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water till smooth;gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil;cook and stir 2 mins or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
Oh, a dressed up version of Myrtle's Peking roast. Good stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it