Tomato Basil QuicheFrom maywest 7 years ago
- crust for 10-inch quiche pan shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup slivered onion -sweet onion texas or vidilla shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped-2 if you love it like i do. shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese - i like to get the smoked mozzarella but any will do. shopping list
- 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick slices plum tomato shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 10-inch quiche pan with crust. Heat nonstick pan with olive oil; saute onion and garlic until slightly brown. Spread onion mixture on crust and sprinkle cheese on top. Arrange tomato slices over cheese. Top with basil.
- Combine milk, cornstarch, pepper, and eggs. Process in blender until smooth. Carefully pour over tomatoes. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. you can also use sun dried tomato for a little diffrent taste some times i add bacon or panchetta and they mix in well also.