Espresso Chocolate SquaresFrom cookinggood 4 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, chilled and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant espress coffee powder shopping list
- 2 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 6 tbsp miniature chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 tbsp heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso coffee powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13" baking pan with foil, butter the bottom of foil.
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cup flour, confectioner's sugar and cocoa together in a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup butter. using a pastry blender of 2 knives, cut in butter intil butter is the size of small peas.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips; press into bottom of pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes our clean; cool slightly.
- Stir 1/4 cup cream and 1 tbsp instant espresso together until coffee is disolved. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter together. Add sugar, 1 tbsp flour and allspice; beat until blended. Slowly beat in cream and coffee mixture. Add eggs, one at a time beating until smooth. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or intil edges are slightly puffed and center is set; set pan on a cooling rack.
- Melt 6 tbsp chocolate chips with 1/4 tsp instant espresso in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over bars and refrigerate until set.
- Cover and store bars in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The Cookcookinggood Leesburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Sounds like the best of both worlds here! Can't wait to whip up a batch to take to work. Leaving them home would be disastrous to my hips!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Great Post!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!