Honey Vanilla Pound CakeFrom sandygalesmith 4 years ago
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Grease the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light.Meanwhile, put the eggs, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup but do not combine.With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl and allowing each egg to become incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.With the mixer on low speed, add it slowly to the batter until just combined.Finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Cool for 15 minutes, turn out onto a baking rack, and cool completely.
The Cooksandygalesmith Saint Joseph, MO
The Rating5 people
lovely!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh my gosh, I love Ina Garten and I love pound cake too. Thanks so much for submitting this recipe to the group Sandy. HIGH 5.pippy in loved it
Excellent pound cake. Not as dense as some I have had!Jdyshprd in loved it