Fried Chicken With Cornflake CoatingFrom chacha 4 years ago
- 10 pieces of chicken ie. legs, thighs, breast, wings shopping list
- Note: If you want, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pound them to make a cutlet. shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or homogenized but I prefer to use buttermilk shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes, well crushed shopping list
- Note: You can purchase them already crushed if you want to skip the step of crushing them yourself. shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cups oil - whatever you prefer for deep frying shopping list
- Note: If you want you can also add 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs. They add great flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Place crushed cornflakes and all seasonings into another bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Dredge chicken pieces in egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Then coat the chicken in the cornflake crumbs.
- It helps to press the crumbs to the chicken.
- Fry chicken pieces until golden and cooked thoroughly.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with coleslaw and cornbread or any other combination that you prefer.