Pecan PieFrom catalinakolker 6 years ago
- 200 gr brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pecans, 250 gr OR 150 gr pecans and 100 gr walnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon zest shopping list
- one 9 inch pie crust from Jiffy pie crust Mix shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and butter to a boil, boil 2 minutes and then cool.
- Make the pie dough, line it in the pie pan and place in the fridge to chill.
- Roast the pecans at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, cool and chop roughly (I even ground like a handful of nuts).
- In a medium-large bowl mix the eggs, cream, salt, pecans (and any other nuts) and lemon zest.
- When everything is cool, combine the brown sugar mixture with the egg mixture and the chopped nuts and then pour it in the chilled pie crust.
- Cover with aluminum foil as you do not want it to burn and place on the lower third of your 350 F preheated oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes covered then remove the aluminum and bake for 18-23 more minutes.
- Keep an eye on it.
- Pairs nicely with fresh whipped cream.
The Cookcatalinakolker Pryor, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!