White Chocolate Bread PuddingFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- bread Pudding shopping list
- 3 cups heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
- 10 ounces white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 8 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shaving for garnish shopping list
- white chocolate Sauce shopping list
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
How to make it
- To make the bread pudding: Preheat the oven to 275 F. In a medium saucepan heat, but do not boil, the cream. Remove from the heat, add the white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. In a double boiler over barely simmering water beat together the milk, sugar, eggs and egg yolks, and heat until warm. Blend the egg mixture into the cream and chocolate mixture.
- Place the bread slices in a baking pan. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the bread. Let sit for 30 minutes, then pour in the rest of the chocolate mixture. Make sure all the bread is moistened. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the white chocolate sauce: In a double boiler over barely simmering water melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and mix in the heavy cream. Keep warm. To store, let cool slightly and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. Melt over barely simmering water and stir until smooth.
- To serve: Spoon the pudding hot out of the pan, top with warm sauce, and garnish with chocolate shavings. Or, let cool to room temperature for about 45 minutes, loosen the sides and invert the pan to unmold. Cut into squares. Top each serving with warm sauce and sprinkle with chocolate shavings and toasted coconut if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating6 people
ohhhhhh grizz i have been on a bread pudding kick it has to stop i did it for a 1 week now im back on the diet again my friend was here visiting lol now i see this omg!!! you are baddddd lol
love it sweetie.......
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!