Penne with Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Goat CheeseFrom chef2 4 years ago
- penne with Slow-roasted cherry tomatoes and goat cheese shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 pounds red and yellow cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese shopping list
- 1 pound penne pasta shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces shopping list
- Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Halve each tomato and place cut side up in one flat layer on the baking sheets.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt.
- Roast until the tomatoes are dried around the edges but still moist, about 2 hours.
- Crumble the goat cheese into large chunks and refrigerate until ready to serve the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package directions.
- Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and reserve.
- Drain the pasta well and return to the pot.
- Add the tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm. Makes 4 to 6 servings.