Baked Onion Blossom with Two Dipping SaucesFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1 large (and I do mean large) sweet onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared horeseradish shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- pinch dried oregano shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First, combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise, dill weed and garlic powder. Cover and chill.
- Then combine 1/2 cup mayonniase, horseradish, ketchup, paprika, salt, cayenne, oregano and black pepper. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel onion, leaving root end intact.
- Cut almost all the way through onion to form 16 wedges.
- Place on a 12x12 inch piece of foil.
- Bring foil up around onion, crimping edges to seal. Place on pie plate.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully open foil and fold down to create a 1 inch high rim around onion.
- Brush with butter (I just pour it over).
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Serve with sauces.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!