Artichoke Mushroom tartFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 pie crust, frozen prepared or homemade shopping list
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts in water shopping list
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms or saute fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust according to directions for 10-inch glass pie plate. Drain artichoke hearts well, squeeze out liquid, and roughly chop. Spread on bottom of pie crust. Drain mushrooms and roughly chop; spread on top of artichoke hearts. Spread shredded cheese over artichoke hearts and mushrooms.
- In medium bowl, mix eggs and egg whites together. Add cream and spices; mix well. Gently pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in center of oven for 40 to 50 minutes until risen and nicely browned. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes. Slice and serve with bacon or sausage and a broiled tomato. Garnish with fresh thyme.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
It does sound good! Already bookmarked this recipe! Thanks, Peeta.
Janicemrsc543 in North Reading loved it
This sounds elegant and so delicious! I love cooking with artichokes, thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!