Healthy Fish Tacos 2 Avocado Creama

• DIZ3 8 years ago
    Recipe: Healthy Fish Tacos 2 Avocado Creama
    By: Poutine
    Date: 2/14/2016

Hubby really liked these and said he would gladly eat them again. I used cod and given our taste preferences, I halved the amount of seasonings used on the fish. Now I know this is supposed to be healthy, but I used real sour cream and mayo. Hubby and I parted ways on the sauce. He liked it, but I didn’t care for it. I must have used a really sour lime because that’s all I could taste. It just seemed like it was missing something. Garlic? More cilantro? Just something to give it more flavor than the lime. I really like the idea of an avocado based sauce so I’ll play around with it.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 8 years ago said:
    This looks so good, beautiful picture and another pretty plate!! Yeah, I think garlic would have been a good addition in the sauce. Also the older the lime/lemon I find they become more sourly pungent? Here is another avocado sauce that I think would go great on fish tacos Avocado Salsa love this stuff!
    Flag
  • DIZ3 8 years ago said:
    Thanks, Mommyluvs2cook! I saved that recipe. I think these would be great with the right sauce. This was the only fish taco recipe I saw that had an avocado sauce and now my heart is set on it.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 8 years ago said:
    It's more of a creamy sauce than a salsa, so don't let the name fool you :) Try just looking up avocado sauce's then do your own fish rub and add in's, you'll probably have better luck that way!
    Flag
  • bakerme 8 years ago said:
    Awesome photo, DIZ3! I've never had a fish taco, but they sure look and sound good!
    Flag
  • frankieanne 8 years ago said:
    I love fish tacos. I always use cod, too. Those look delicious!
    Flag
  • eastcoaster 8 years ago said:
    Lovely Photo, so clear!!
    Flag
  • gaspesiangal 8 years ago said:
    Beautiful photo, DIZ3. I've never had a fish taco but it looks very tempting.
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →