Healthy Fish Tacos 2 avocado creamaFrom poutine 6 years ago
- 1lb Tilapia or other firm white fish shopping list
- 2tbls all purpose flour shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- white wine(optional) shopping list
- 1 tbls chili powder shopping list
- 1tbls cumin shopping list
- 1tsp oregano shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups coleslaw mix shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 1 avocado shopping list
- 1/2 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup light mayo shopping list
- 1tsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbls cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture on both sides of fish fillet
- Pour a tbls of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, heat
- cook fish on both sides till light and flakey.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. ( optional)
- Chop green onions, mix with coleslaw mix
- Make creama
- mash avocado, cilantro, juice of one lime, sour cream and mayo
- add vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat corn tortillas over gas flame or in skillet. Take 2 corn tortillas, add some fish, coleslaw mix and top with creama. Enjoy.
- For a low carb option, can also be served over a salad( Picture shown)
The Cookpoutine Exeter, CA
The Rating9 people
I made these over the weekend and they were great! Thanks.sunny in Portland loved it
This sounds great! It has all the things I like.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
Poutine, these are fabulous! I made them last night, and not only are they ridiculously easy to make, but the flavor of the fish with the cole slaw and the avocado cream is fantastic. You've got a great recipe here, and I'll be making it often. My...moreelle in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!