Skewers With Italian Style ChimichurriFrom sosousme 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds leg of lamb, visible fat removed; sliced across the grain into about 1/4 inch thick strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced rosemary (about 3 sprigs) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic shopping list
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Italian Style Chimichurri (recipe follows) shopping list
- Special Equipment: 12 bamboo skewers, soaked for 1 hour in water shopping list
- Italian Style Chimichurri shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil) drained and minced shopping list
- 1 anchovy fillet, (packed in oil) drained and mashed , optional shopping list
- 2 tablespoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Skewers:
- Combine the rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, juice, vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl; whisk well.
- Put the meat into a large zip top bag, pour 3/4 of the marinade in, reserving the rest to baste the meat while grilling. Squeeze as much air from the bag as you can; seal and allow the meat to marinate in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, overnight if possible.
- Remove the bag with the meat and the reserved marinade from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove the meat from the marinade; discard marinade. Thread the meat on the skewers; place on grill; grill turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Drizzle with Chimichurri. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Prepare the Chimichurri:
- Finely mince the herbs, garlic, shallot, capers, sun-dried tomatoes and anchovy either by hand or in a food processor using on/off pulses. Do not over process. Add the vinegar and oil, whisk or process until well incorporated.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to blend. use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Per Serving: 464 Calories; 43g Fat (10g Sat, 26g Mono, 4g Poly); 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium. (LindySez: obviously these will be much lower in fat if made with boneless skinless chicken breasts)
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating5 people
I love Chimichurri and what a great idea, to use anchovies - I never thought of it. I will certainly try it. 5++++elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Fantastic!floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!