Grilled Ham and Corn KabobsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 ears of fresh corn shopping list
- 1 5-1/2-ounce can (2/3 cup) apricot nectar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound fresh apricots, halved or quartered and pitted ( or peaches) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut ears of corn into 1-1/2-inch-long pieces. Blanch the corn in boiling water for 9 minutes. (Begin timing immediately after adding the corn to the boiling water.) Drain.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot nectar, honey, lemon juice, and mustard. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, on 6 long skewers, thread ham, green pepper pieces, apricot halves or quarters, and corn.
- 4. Grill over medium-hot coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning often. Brush occasionally with honey mixture during grilling. Makes 6 servings