DATE CAKE SQUARESFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups water shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
- ¾ cup chopped pitted prunes shopping list
- ½ cup dark raisins shopping list
- 8 Tbs. margarine cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¾ cup Equal or sweetener shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 350.
- 2)Combine water, dates, prunes, and raisins in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fruit is tender and water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add margarine, stirring until melted; cool to room temperature.
- 3)Mix eggs and vanilla into fruit mixture; mix in combined flour, Equal, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Spread batter evenly in greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with Walnuts.
- 4)Bake in preheated 350 oven until cake springs bake when touched lightly, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack; cut into squares.
- Calories per serving: 117, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fat: 5g, Sodium: 126mg
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating11 people
luv flavor combo here Yummie thanks Ed high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmm I love the spices you have in this recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
sounds good.. love all the fruit in the bars...
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it