Biggest Loser Beef StewFrom rtendick 6 years ago
- Source: http://www.weightwatchers-recipes.net/biggest-loser-recipes.html shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain oat flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic power shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- Pinch of ground black pepper, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 pound top round steak, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, each halved shopping list
- 1 onion, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) lower-sodium, fat-free beef broth shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add
- the beef and shake the bag until all the cubes are coated. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Set a large nonstick soup pot over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water
- to sizzle on it. Add the oil. Add the reserved beef cubes to the pot in a single layer. Cook for
- about 1 minute per side, or until browned. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the mushrooms,
- onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring
- occasionally with a wooden spoon and scraping any browned bits from the pan bottom.
- Add the broth and carrots. Increase the heat to high. When the broth comes to a boil, reduce
- the heat to low so the mixture simmers gently. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until the beef is fork tender. Season with
- additional salt and pepper. Serve your beef stew immediately.
- Per serving: 275 calories, 31 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 50 mg
- cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 583 mg sodium