Chicken Fajita MeltsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 (6oz) skinless,boneless chicken breast halves,sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 c sliced onions shopping list
- 1/2 c red bell pepper,sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c tomato juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 c salsa shopping list
- 8 (1/2" thick) slices French bread shopping list
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add the chicken and cook and stir until lightly browned,about 5 mins.
- Stir in the sliced onions and red peppers and cook and stir for 5 mins or till vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato juice and taco seasoning and mix well. Cook mixture till juice has thickened and the chicken is well coated with the sauce,about an additional 7 mins.
- Preheat the oven broiler and set rack about 6" from the heat source.
- Spread 2 Tbs of salsa over each slice of French bread. Evenly spoon the chicken mixture on top of salsa topped bread. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 c cheddar cheese.
- Place sandwiches under broiler and cook 5 mins or till cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
oh yeah...this sounds good!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
You had me at "MELTS"!! Nice sandwich!! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Oh this sounds really great. Wish I had one right now. Another 5 forks for you. Thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it