grilled chicken and vegetables bundlesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced, or 3/4 pound new potatoes, halved and quartered shopping list
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups whole mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice or cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Precook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Place each chicken breast on an 18-inch square of heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Divide potatoes, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and onion among foil squares; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with apple juice or cider. Seal foil into packets leaving room for steam. Transport in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- 3. Place packets directly over campfire or on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium-hot coals. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender, turning once. To serve, open packets; spoon some of the preserves over chicken and vegetables in each packet. Makes 4 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating11 people
Sounds good, Bet some pork loin would be good done this way as well.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
I love it! Everything in one!!a1patti in Salem loved it
I love cooking this way when camping. So easy. Nice!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!