Cauliflower Cheese PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 teaspoon salt divided shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped white onions shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 medium cauliflower broken into small flowerets shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- Potato Crust: shopping list
- 2 firmly packed cups grated raw potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated white onion shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then oil a pie pan.
- Place raw potatoes in a colander then salt potatoes and let set for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Combine potatoes, egg and onion.
- Pat potato mixture into prepared pie pan building up sides of crust with floured fingers.
- Bake 20 minutes then brush with vegetable oil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven then reduce temperature to 350.
- In small bowl beat 1/2 teaspoon salt, eggs, milk, pepper and paprika then set aside.
- In frying pan over medium heat sauté onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt 5 minutes
- Add thyme, basil, parsley and cauliflower then cook covered 10 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat then layer baked potato crust with half of the cheese.
- Add herbs and cauliflower then top with remaining cheese.
- Pour milk mixture over top and lightly dust with paprika then bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Looking good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Wow, what an unusual and interesting recipe! Love the sounds of the potato crust here!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh, so different. That potato crust sounds great. Thanks for sharing.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!