Buttermilk Chocolate Sheet CakeFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks (1 cup) margarine shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- *I like to add 4 tablespoons of cocoa or a big squirt of Nesquik ;) shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a sheet-cake pan (18x24 or as close to that size as you have).
- Put the flour and sugar in a bowl. In a small saucepan, melt the margarine, then add the water and cocoa.
- Bring to boil, then pour the mixture over flour and sugar and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread in pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, toothpick inserted in center of cake might pick up a crumb or two, but will not come out coated with batter.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- blackstaril Brooklyn, NY
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- grammyheartfire Hominy, OK
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating8 people
Awsome Luv choc. cake this one looks like it makes fairly good size thanks Lor. luv itmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a fantastic cake very similar to a Texas sheet cake!m2googee in Tomball loved it
My favorite chocolate cake...I also know it as Texas Sheet Cake...always delicious...^5!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it