Grilled Roasted Bacon And Scallion Corn MuffinsFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 5 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed shopping list
- 4 large scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Set up a grill for indirect grilling, with the coals on one side, and heat to 425° or preheat oven to 425° . Meanwhile, in a medium skillet set on the grill or the stove, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, black pepper, and cayenne. Stir in the corn, scallions, and crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the sour cream and melted butter. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just blended. Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
- Place the muffin tin on the grate opposite the coals, cover the grill and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Serve slightly cooled.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating7 people
luv this corn muffin clip and save thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These really sound good, thanks a high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
great post... love the bacon and scallions in the muffins... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it