Spinach And Ham Stuffed ShellsFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6-oz jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 2 cups thawed frozen chopped spinach ( one 10-oz package ) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 5-oz extra-lean cooked ham, diced shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce ( no salt added ) shopping list
- ¾ ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 13 x 9” baking pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2)In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta shells 12-14 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3)Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta and ham. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper; blend well.
- 4)Fill shells evenly with spinach mixture and arrange in prepared pan. Spoon sauce on top, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 25 minutes, until bubbling and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let stand a few minutes.
- Serving size is ¼ of the stuffed shells.
- Calories per serving: 354, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Carbohydrate: 46g, Sodium: 840mg
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Very good recipes, high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Probably would leave out extra sal as ham contains salt. great recipe and post trying soon thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I really like stuffed shells, but would never have thought to stuff them like this. Sounds wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it