Polynesian Honey Pineapple ChickenFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 12 chicken drumsticks or thighs or a combination* (about 3 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For marinade, in a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until the marinade mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place chicken pieces in a plastic bag set into a deep bowl or shallow dish. Pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken well. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3. Drain the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade. In a covered grill, arrange medium-hot coals around drip pan. Test for medium** heat above the drip pan. Arrange the chicken on a rack over the drip pan (not directly over coals).
- 4. Close grill hood; grill for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade for the first 30 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- You can use other meaty chicken pieces, instead of the chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the drip pan at food height for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
WOW!! good recipes you found! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
fantastic im lovin this one yummmmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmm! Mmmm! Good! Ginger and garlic....my favorite combination. Five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!