Vive le Jardin RatatouilleFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp herbes de provence shopping list
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 3 baby eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds shopping list
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, carefully cored and thinly sliced into rounds shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, de-stemmed shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut a piece of parchment paper the size of a 12" long oval casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook slowly, stirring, until golden brown - about 10 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and cook until just fragrant, then add wine, herbes de Provence and tomatoes, stirring well. Remove from heat and pour into the bottom of the casserole.
- Arrange alternating slices of the thinly sliced vegetables in overlapping rings from the outside to the inside of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the vegetables and cover with the piece of parchment.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove parchment and bake a further 15 minutes, topping with goat cheese for last 5 minutes of baking.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating6 people
Great combo & luv the pics! 5 & flagged.californiacook in loved it
wow, fab in all ways!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Mmmmmmmm hmmmmmmm good and I can almost pick up the fragrance from your kitchen!! The Perfect end of summer creation: ratatouille ~~l love it!! healthy wealthy and wise!! 555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555...morettaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!