Scottish EggsFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 4 to 6 hard boiled eggs, I use medium boiled, I find the eggs to rubbery if they are hard boiled before the are baked shopping list
- 1 pound sausage, your choice, I like it spicy shopping list
- 1/2 of an onion, finely chopped, optional shopping list
- seasoned croutons, all smashed up, or crackers, smashed shopping list
How to make it
- Make sure the eggs are cooled down to room temperature to work with.
- And make sure the sausage is warmed up to room temperature, to work with.
- If you want you may add the onions into the meat once it is room temp.
- Put the smashed up but good crumbs in a bowl and set aside until needed.
- I use 1/6 th of the pound of sausage and spread it out.
- I place the egg in the middle of the sausage.
- Then I proceed to wrap the egg with the sausage.
- Now you put the egg/sausage ball into the bowl of smashed up but good crumbs.
- Coat it well.
- Place on a cooking rack, that is set in a pan.
- Do this for all 6 of the eggs.
- Put into a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake until done.
- If I remember correctly it takes 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausage and how done you want you meat!!!
- Remember when you take these out of the oven you need to let them cool before you bite into them.
- They are hot and juicy all the way through!
- ~ ~ ~ ~
- These were originally deep fried.
- It only takes a few minutes.
- But I worry about the fat content.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating7 people
my granny will be screamin to hear the old recipe has now got some UMPFFFF!!!! Love it!!! (we call em Scotch eggs. 5/5pixyqueen in Sydney,Australia loved it
Never tried these before but they do look good. We all have to be bad sometimes!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
I ate these 'eggs'(for the first time) riding
on a 'Ferry' across the English Channel many
years ago~ I am pleased to have your
"5"FORK!!!!! recipe for these little 'gems'~
Added this recipe to some of...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it