Pork SaltimboccaFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 4 boneless pork chops,about 6 ozs. each,cut 1/2"thick shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 8 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 3 oz. prosciutto shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c beef broth shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c marsala wine shopping list
- 1 c shredded Fontina cheese(4oz) shopping list
- 1 roll prepared polenta,grilled (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Place 2 sage leaves on each chop and top with 1/4 of the prosciutto. With sharp side of chefs knife pointed up,gently pound pork so that prosciutto adheres to it.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Place pork,prosciutto-side down,in skillet;cook 2 mins. Remove to plate
- Stir together the beef broth and cornstarch. Off heat,add Marsala wine and beef broth mixture to skillet. Scrape browned bits from bottom. Add pork back to skillet,prosciuto- side up,and top each chop with 1/4 of the cheese.. Cover,simmer 2 mins,until cheese melts and pork registers 155 on thermometer. Top each piece with 1 Tbs of sauce.
- Serve with grilled polenta,if desired.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds wonderful! Great post. Many thanks for posting it. Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Mmmmmm....with cool weather coming, this recipe is right on time! Thanks....I'll be doing these this weekend!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Sound pretty good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it