Cranberry pistachio BreadFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cranberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs and/or dried apricots shopping list
- orange butter (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in orange peel. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries, nuts, and figs and/or apricots.
- 3. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- 4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with Orange Butter.
- 5. Makes 1 loaf (14 servings)
- 6. Orange Butter: In a small bowl, stir together 1/3 cup butter, softened; 1 tablespoon powdered sugar; and 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel until combined. Makes about 1/3 cup.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Love this recipe for Christmas.Thank you !!sallya2 in Kent loved it
Oh man, peeta, you know I LOVE cranberries and I LOVE pistachios...I have to make this!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
If you keep finding all these food for the hoildays you ain't gonna be able to find the table for them being soooo full!!! lol! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!