Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup with NoodlesFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 quart canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock shopping list
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 5 easpoons Asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam) or soy sauce shopping list
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 strips (3-inch-long) lime zest shopping list
- 1/2 pound egg fettuccine shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3), cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat the cooking oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, black pepper and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, salt and lime zest. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add the chicken to the soup and simmer until just done, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the fettuccine, lime juice and cilantro, if using. Serve the soup in bowls with a fork and spoon.
- Notes: Asian fish sauce is available at Asian markets and some supermarkets
- Wine Recommendation: The spices and the coconut milk will be best accompanied by a wine with a hint of sweetness. Try a chenin blanc from California or a demi-sec version of Vouvray (also made from the chenin blanc grape).
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating4 people
I'll have a bowl please!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I'm crazy for Thai food! This is a definite save. Thanks for the great post. Five forks!!!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it