Peach-honey ButterFrom mbeards2 7 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare the peach pulp:
- Wash, scald, peel, pit and chop the peaches.
- Place the peaches in an 8-quart stock pot or dutch oven, with just enough water to prevent them from sticking, about 1/2 to 1 cup of water.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the peaches are soft.
- Press the cooked peaches through a sieve or food mill. Measure the pulp.
- Prepare the Peach Butter:
- Stir in the sugar and honey.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, about 30 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- When it's almost done, it will start to spit and sputter so be careful that none of the peach butter splashes out onto your skin.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of head space.
- Adjust caps. Process pints and quarts for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Makes about 6 pints.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating6 people
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
great recipe.. I love peach butter..fivepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
if you love peaches and you love honey, this is the ticket. Thanks so much for a simple, delicious recipe. Merry Christmas, dear, to you and your family.tablescape in loved it