Beef And Cheese BurritosFrom chefmal 6 years ago
- A specialty item you will need is frozen pastry shells. I used rice flour spring roll wraps that I got from an asian supermarket. You can even make the dough yourself if you know how. I'm just a lazy bastard. shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs Chopped beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 2 bags Shredded Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- parsley, salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- Optional: Jalepenos, olives, ciliantro, avacados, anything your mind can conceive. You can even substitute the meat for tofu (blechh!) if you want, or even chicken, pork or shrimp. shopping list
How to make it
- Fry up the chopmeat over medium flame.
- Add onions, garlic and whatever else you please. Mix well.
- Cook until meat and everything is thoroughly done.
- And here goes the tedious part, so bear with me:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the wrap onto a clean, dry surface, and put two spoonfuls of the meat mixture towards one of the sides. Dump a huge handfull of cheese over the meat. Add whatever jalepenos, avacados or olives if desired.
- Fold the wrap closed in such a way where you feel it won't come apart. (See above, I took pics for you! Aren't I awesome??)
- Put the folded wraps into a big tin or several little ones, folded side down. Bake at 400F until one side is brown, about 20 minutes. Turn them over and bake an additional 20. If you want it darker, cook it longer. For lighter, maybe 15 minutes each side. It depends on your oven and your preference.
- Anyway, once they're done, serve on a platter to a boatload of your friends and they'll think you're a culinary God. I play you not.
- Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any angeoplasty surgeries that result in eating too many of these. Don't bother suing me 'cause you won't get anything. *Shows everyone my empty pockets, laughs maniacally and runs away*
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
The Rating4 people
sounds good probably wiould use egg roll wraps quick and easy YUMMY! thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These sound great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
High 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!