Praline Apple BreadFrom michellem 4 years ago
- Praline-Apple bread shopping list
- Makes 1 loaf Prep: 20 min. shopping list
- Bake:1 hr. Cool: 1 hr 10 min. shopping list
- Cook: 5 min. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided shopping list
- 1 (8oz.) container sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled granny smith apples(about 3/4 pound) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350*. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 min. or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 min.
- 2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
- 3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9-x5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
- 4. Bake at 350* for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- 5. Bring butter and brown sugar to boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely(about 1 hour)
- Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
- Recipe: Adapted from Southern Living