Beer Boiled Ribs On The GrillFrom dugger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the racks into manageable pieces. ( I cut them into four rib chunks). Place them in a large roasting pan or pasta pot allowing room for the liquid.
- Mix beer (a can) and water (refill the can) and chili sauce in a medium bowl. Pour over ribs. Add enough extra water to just cover the ribs.
- Place on high heat to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a good simmer. Cover and cook for about an hour. Now the trick part..dry rub vs barbecue sauce.
- For a dry rub, remove the ribs from water after about 45 minutes, cool them on a cookie sheet, then apply the rub and refrigerate for three hours before cooking.
- For barbecue sauce keep cooking and checking until they pass this test. Insert a fork between two ribs. Twist. If the meat shreds and pops up you are done, if not keep cooking.
- When ribs are ready to cook.. preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place the ribs on the grate. Sear both sides. Move to indirect heat to finish.
- If you are using barbecue sauce start basting the ribs until they are done and you are ready to serve. Keep turning and basting. Takes about 30 minutes on high indirect heat.