Elaines Leftover Turkey SoupFrom chefelaine 4 years ago
- 1 medium-sized frozen turkey carcass shopping list
- 4 medium sized potatoes, washed, unpeeled shopping list
- carrots (amt. your preference... I used fresh-picked from the garden) shopping list
- 1/2 medium sized onion, or 3 tbsp dehydrated onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup red sweet bell pepper, cut coarsely shopping list
- 1 cup diced, fresh carrots (I used Scarlet Nantes & Albino) shopping list
- 1/4 cup baby corn on the cob (Canned) shopping list
- 1 large can tomatoes, crushed shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt, or to preference shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup green or wax beans shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Place the water and turkey carcass in the pot, over LOW flame
- (the low flame distributes the turkey flavor more evenly, and helps prevent the broth from clouding)
- add the salt
- Cook over low flame until the broth starts to develop a turkey flavor (about 1 to 1/2 hours........ TASTE. correct the seasoning.
- add onion and veggies.......
- add tomato
- cook on low flame until veggies are tender
- A delicious main, and a great way to utilize frozen leftovers!
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating9 people
luv Turkey soup great post Chef. print try and savemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great post! Before you know it, we'll all have that turkey carcass and we'll all be making this! The only part I could do with out is the cold evening!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sound good!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!