Thin Crust Garlic Chicken PizzaFrom michellem 5 years ago
- Thin Crust garlic Pizza shopping list
- Dough shopping list
- 1 cup warm water(105*-110*) shopping list
- 1 (1/4) envelope of active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour(you can use wheat or white, or half white and half wheat). shopping list
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 2/3 good size boneless/chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1/4 of oregano or italian spice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shopping list
- Optional toppings: sun dried tomatoes, spinach, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese(after the pizza is cooked) shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir to combine and let set until it appears a little foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and add salt, mixing until it's all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding 1/4 of flour at a time, working the dough after each addition, until the dough is smooth but sticky. You may not need all the four. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth but lightly tacky, 3-5 minutes.
- Use the remaining tbsp. of olive oil to coat a large mixing bowl. Place dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and set in a warm place for 2 hours. When ready, the dough will stretch slightly as you pull it lightly.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Work each ball by pulling down at the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Do this 4 or 5 times, place on cookie sheet spray with cooking spray, cover with plastic wrap or towel and let them set 1 h our in a warm place.
- During the last hour of rise for the dough, you can begin to get the toppings ready.
- In a bowl mix the Olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper , set aside.
- When the dough is done with the second rise take one dough ball and begin to roll it out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Continue to roll the dough out evenly until it's about 1/16 to an 1/8 an inch thick all the way to the edge. Move to the side and repeat the process for the 2nd ball.
- Note: your pizza dough does not need to be perfectly round and do not roll it our larger than your pizza stone.
- Preheat oven to 500* with the pizza stone in the oven.
- Lightly flour your pizza peal so the dough will slide into the oven smoothly. Place one of your dough balls on the peal, if you need to roll it out a little again, do so.
- Using a grill or marinade brush spread the olive oil mix evenly around dough of both pizzas. top with 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and then half of your cooked chicken and the slide it off the peal onto your stone in the 500* oven.
- Oven temps will vary so keep and eye on it, but it will take 5-8 minutes. Your crust will begin to bubble up in spots(that's OKay). I eyeball mine and when the cheese starts to turn a light brown it's done. Use the peal to extract the pizza onto a cookie sheet or other surface that is safe for cutting and repeat steps with second pizza.
- If you choose not to make both pizzas, after the final rise process and before rolling out into your final dough, leave it in a ball and place in plastic wrapped coated with cooking spray and refrigerate up to 48 hours. Prior to making this pizza, the dough will need to rest in a warm spot for 1-2 hours so it's workable with a rolling pin.
- Oh mama that was a lot of typing! Enjoy my friends!
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
Yay!! LOL - I was the first one to give it a 5!!! Caramel corner?? LOLjett2whit in Union City loved it
Great post luv the ingredients thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love pizza! I need to buy a pizza stone!! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it