Ricotta Mascarpone GelatoFrom victoriaregina 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) light rum or grappa shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups light cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 9 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups (16 ounces) whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cooking Directions
- In a saucepan, combine the raisins and rum or grappa. Heat to simmer; remove from the heat and set aside until the liquid is absorbed. In a large saucepan, combine the cream and lemon zest; heat to simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks; gradually beat in the sugar until it is completely dissolved and the mix is light and lemon-colored. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the warm cream, and place the saucepan over medium-low heat; cook, stirring until the mixture reaches 165°F on an instant-read or candy thermometer. Do not boil to avoid curdling.. Strain into a bowl and add the vanilla. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the gelato mix is cold but not set, mix in the cheeses until well-blended. Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and add the raisins. When frozen, transfer the gelato to a chilled container and store in the freezer at least 3 hours.
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating10 people
Sounds Mmm...Mmm...Good!!! Great post. Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Man this really sound rich.\0
hot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
great post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it