Ooey Gooey Caramel CakeFrom dutchie326 4 years ago
- 1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 bag (8 oz) milk chocolate-coated toffee bits shopping list
- 1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk) shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream, if desired shopping list
- caramel topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- . In large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally
- . Stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits.
- Pour into pan.
- . Reserve 1/2 cup dulce de leche.
- Spoon remaining dulce de leche by teaspoonfuls onto batter.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Drop reserved dulce de leche by spoonfuls over top of cake and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits
- . Cool about 1 hour before serving.
- Top each serving with whipped cream and caramel topping.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
- Increase flour to 1/3 cup.
- You can substitute crushed chocolate-covered English toffee candy bars for the toffee bits.
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating8 people
Sounds great! Thank you for the new recipe to try!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I just saw this recipe today, it sounds wonderful.m2googee in Tomball loved it
have to try ithungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!