Perfect Hard Boiled EggsFrom thegoldminer 6 years ago
How to make it
- If possible set eggs out for an hour before cooking.
- Lay eggs on their side, will help center the yolk
- Place enough cold water in the pan to cover the eggs with at least one inch of water.
- Pour in at least 1 tablespoon salt. Helps to make it easier to peel.
- Turn heat to high and bring water to a boil, gently stirring eggs with a spoon (I prefer wooden spoon) to help center the yolk.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Turn heat off leaving pot on the burner. No further boiling is necessary. Hard cooking is what forms the grey on the yolk.
- Set timer for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, place eggs in a bowl of water filled with ice cubes.
- Once cooled you can roll the egg around on the counter cracking all the shell and then peel under running water.
- Cut in half and see perfect yellow yolks no grey, no yolk., smile.
- I have posted Addictive Deviled Eggs, simply delicious.
- Addictive Deviled Eggs
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating7 people
I think it would workhungrybear in Miner loved it
I quit using water long ago, i now use a electric steamer and put them in for whatever minute it take and there is not a rotton eggs in the brunch (no pun intended) it solve my problem with the eggs and yes it take longer to cook them, but knowing i ...morecuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This is how I make my eggs-always delightfully yellow and sooo easy to crack & peel.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!