German Orange CakeFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 3/4 cups orange juice shopping list
- 2 tsp orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour, sifted shopping list
- 4 tsp. of baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon or almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter well to incorporate air, gradually adding sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture alternately with 1/2 cup water. Beat well. Add extract.
- In a very clean bowl (one trick is to rub the bowl with vinegar), beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold gently into batter.
- Turn mixture into 2 greased layer cake pans.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center is nearly clean and cake springs back when pressed lightly in center.
- When cake is cooled, frost with a boiled frosting, seven-minute frosting, or all-white Mountain or coconut frosting.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated coconut.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating4 people
geez, cuz, you have some good ones...5 forksladychablis in Pittsburgh loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
great recipe and gluten free too... WOW... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it