Baklava Ice Cream BitesFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- I tried to include freezer time in the prep time! shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- vanilla ice cream - get the best quality possible shopping list
- 16 sheets of phyllo shopping list
- 2 small packages of chopped walnuts or pistachios, your choice shopping list
- honey shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter, room temp shopping list
How to make it
- Put a cookie tray in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out of freezer and line with parchment paper.
- Scoop appox. 16 balls of vanilla ice cream with a mini scoop.
- Place on parchment paper and return cookie sheet to the freezer for 1 hour or until frozen solid.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in microwave or in a pan.
- Remove phyllo dough from fridge.
- Place sheets in between 2 wet paper towels.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a clean surface.
- With a pastry brush, brush dough well with melted butter.
- Continue in this fashion until you have 4 sheets on top of each other.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 squares which are still 4 layers thick.
- Repeat 3 times until you have 16 squares.
- Places squares into mini muffin tin and mold into cups, bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- After one hour is up, place walnuts in a shallow baking dish or pie pan.
- Remove ice cream balls from the freezer and roll them in the nuts.
- Place back on cookie sheet and place in freezer for another 1/2 hour.
- After the 1/2 hour remove ice cream coated balls from the freezer, place each one into a phyllo cup and drizzle with honey.
- Serve immediately!
- This dessert is the final installment to my Mediterranean Medley class I taught last week at
- The Culinaria which is inside Bakers & Cooks here in Ocala, FL.
- I developed this recipe to try to emulate the flavors of baklava without all the work involved and without all the sweetness. I know, I know, I love Baklava like the rest of you and I know that the sweetness is what really makes it, but I was looking for a way to introduce people who may not have had baklava to the flavors, or give those who enjoy baklava another take on it. Plus, who doesnâ€™t love ice cream?! Those little banana bites I did a while back were so cute I just wanted to keep the theme of bite sized goodies that are so flavorful and delicious you only need a bite to feel satisfied! These are the perfect little dessert for a BBQ, movie or game night or anytime you feel a craving for a little something sweet!
- Also, here is a little reminder - if you would like to participate in the FIRST monthly Leftover Queen Foodie Event - The Royal Foodie Joust, you have until midnight TONIGHT (EST US) to enter. Click here for more details!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating7 people
Sounds delicious, and the photo of the finished dish has been flagged as beautiful!
Psssst --- when ya serving?!!!! I'll have Scotty beam me over! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
another great post!!! five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
YUM!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!