Cranberry Date BarsFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 12oz bag cranberries (3c) shopping list
- 1 pk 8 oz. chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 1/4c water shopping list
- 1 ts vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 c All purpose flour shopping list
- 2 c rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 c butter or margarine melted shopping list
- ******************************* shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 2 c sifted Confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tb Up to 3 tbs. orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a covered saucepan over low heat, simmer cranberries, dates and water for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cranberries have popped.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in butter until well blended.
- Pat half into an ungreased 13x9 in baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oat mixture.
- Pat gently.
- Bake ar 350F for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating5 people
Great bar cookie! Love the cranberry date combo!
High 5 again!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Must try these... They too sound really goodtuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Sounds fabulous! Definitely saving this and will make it soon. Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it